31.12.09

2009

*This is more for my reflection than your enjoyment, so if i were you...I wouldn't read it.


January

Finally memorized my student ID number

Wholeheartedly committed myself to become an educator

Finished the mural

Met Tyler Gobble and Michael King, people who would shape the rest of my year.

February

Abstained from facebook

Started this blog

Missed my first RA interview

Entered a classroom for the first time as something other than a student

Didn’t eat for four days

March

Drove 4 hours to visit William by myself (a personal accomplishment for this notably awful driver)


April

Became an RA (didn’t realize this would be a life altering decision)

Met Matt Wallace, Alex Beasely, Lauren Diaz, Vicki Hayes, Tyeesha Harris, Clifton Snorten, and Tim O’Malley (didn’t realize they’d become family)


May

Kicked Brit. Lit. butt

Met Alex Salmins

Fell in love with VGR

Got glasses

Cultivated a deep seeded hatred for my job as a journalist

Ditched the hair

Got glasses

Started work for a political campaign (parades and all)

Ate live ants

June

Had my first panic attack

Wrote the most read story for the Dayton Daily News

July

Realized I love Journalism and it will always be part of my life

Showed Washington D.C. to my mom and grandmother

Had my wisdom teeth hacked out

Tasted pudding for the first time


August

Experienced the horror of duty for the first time

What I thought was cocaine was really creatin

SSO

Maya Williams and Travis Anderson joined the family

September

My first mediation

Thought for the first time that I was not capable of accomplishing something

Decided to never be an RA again

Dropped the D in Cody D

October

Committed to study in Europe this summer

Got dumped

Went to Chicago with Cody and Derek

Camped in the pouring rain

Started something covert

November

Goodbye to Timothy O’Malley

Said farewell to my teenage years with Kinsley and Molly

Realized that I want them to be a part of my life forever

Was threatened.

December

Wrote a book

Saw only A’s on my report card

Was astonished by that

Realized this was probably the most diverse decade I will ever live through.


I’m almost sad to say goodbye to such an eventful year. It will certainly be remembered, even if only as the one where I kissed way too many boys, picked out the names of my future children, and learned to love myself.

1 comment:

  1. Very insightful.

    I saw that you had in September that you decided to never be an RA again. Did this change again? I thought you were keeping with it.

    Can't wait for your return.

    ReplyDelete