29.12.09

one day I might write something worthwhile.

Mt. Everest is in my mind, weighing heavy and old.
Four separate quadrants of thought.
Compartmentalized and cold.
Ice-Ice-Isolated.

1. Exactly five years ago the Tsunami killed over 250,000 people.
a. Mother nature must be a terrorist.
b. I’m still sad about all that lost potential, those displaced futures and the families who still weep.

2. Kirby has a habit of reappearing in my life when I need him most, armed with the words I need to hear.
a. Yesterday it went like this.
Kirby: you're trying to help other people too much
and you need to take care of yourself first
Me: you think i do that?
Kirby: yes
Me: that doesn’t seem good.
Kirby: yeah
you have to take care of yourself first
what if you were in someone elses shoes,
and you saw yourself the way you are right now?
what would you do?
Me: i'd definitely kick them
b. What he said really intrigued me and reminded me that I’m bad at introspection.
c. but he also said I looked like a dyke.

3. I miss my grandma Pridemore
a. Every single day.

4. My grandma Cook was in a car accident yesterday. I’m horrified that she won’t be okay.
a. Today, as my own car was spinning out of control toward a telephone pole I felt unafraid.
b. Now I tremble.

No comments:

Post a Comment