23.12.09

Thanks for the beating.

Dear Heart,
Thank you for beating relentlessly.


Sometimes I hate you for never learning to turn away from people who don’t regard how fragile you are, but I’m going to stop trying to change that. No matter what anyone says, it’s an asset.

On my sleeve is where you belong. That’s who we are.
Sometimes I work you too hard and put you through too much. But you stick with me and I love you for that.

Loving without reciprocity has made us stronger and made us weep. Sometimes I have real problems with the decisions you make and the people you invite in, but I know it isn’t my decision, it’s yours.

I’ve always gotten a little pissed off when people say things like “follow your heart” or “listen to your heart.” Bullshit. You aren’t a map. You don’t speak in a language I can decipher.

I don’t understand you. I follow blindly, faithfully.

But overall, I think we make a good team. And it’s nice to know that while people come and go, we’ll always have each other.

With all the love I can muster and utmost sincerity,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment