20.7.09

I'm limited.

I love people.
I love how every person has a story. A twisting and winding tale with intricate plot twists, flawless character development, and an ending that’s impossible to spoil.


When I meet people I want to know all their secrets just for the sake of knowing. I want to know what it is in their life that that resulted in them being in the exact same spot as me at that precise moment.

I want to know their hopes and dreams. I want to know what makes them happy and what makes them weep. I just want to know their story.

The woman from years ago looking sad, picking at her salad at a lonely table in an empty restaurant pops into my head more frequently than I ever thought a stranger could.

The day my mom and I decided to ask a stranger if they could use some company was the day her husband’s Alzheimer’s had robbed her of what she held most dear. The day she needed someone to care.

I want to be that person for people. The one who’s there when they need it. I hope I have that opportunity again some day.

Learning to listen and figuring out what to do after I hear you is on the agenda for the next year. I'm planning to focus more on others, let my empathy guide me instead of being smothered by unintentional narcissism.

In other, completely unrelated news, I saw the sixth installment of the epic Harry Potter series today. I hate all the hype but really enjoyed the movie. I was in awe over Tom Felton’s performance as Draco. He conveyed his isolation and torment beautifully with very few words.

I was a little bummed that they eliminated the Tom Riddle back story and the intense fight scene that took place after Dumbledore’s assassination. But such is life.

~

So basically, read Harry Potter and tell me your story.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to you coming back, so we can pick up where we left off in our friendship.

    ReplyDelete