21.8.12

Student Teaching Day 1: I ramble sometimes

(My students now know that my life's real purpose is to see a bear in its natural habitat.)
 
The last four years of my life have been leading up to this culminating experience.  I’ve got a great cooperating teacher, a closet full of dresses and a brand new coffee pot. 
Now if only I could plant my feet.
Student teaching is difficult because it exists in an undefined space.  My role is ambiguous.  I’m in charge, but I’m not in charge.  I’m a teacher, but I’m so very much the student.  

Teaching in a school with technology, paper, copiers that work and enough textbooks for every student is a new experience for me, as is teaching honors; and I am excided at the instructional opportunities afforded by these resources.  The infinite possibilities are thrilling!

Countdown:
9 weeks until India.
17 weeks until I graduate.
Holding my breath until then. 

I wore my Bunny pin for goodluck. I'm 99% sure that it was effective because I  didn't trip over the overhead cord.  Not Even Once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment