14.10.09

Break-ups and downs


Kinsley works at a nursing home and I’m an RA.

We exchange stories of crazy residents.

And wonder what it would be like if hers mixed with mine.

Worn, creased faces beside fresh, acned ones.

We laugh at the thought.

-Scary Realization:I care a lot about these girls and genuinely want each and every one of them to succeed.

-This kind of emotional investment was not in my contract.

I feel like a failure when girls move from my floor or like I threw in the towel when Sheltered Princess moves down the hall to get away from Blunt Elitist.

I’m learning not to take it personally.


The best part of this gig is the built in support system of the staff. They get me through the hard days and convince me repeatedly that I’m worthwhile. They’re a wonderful bunch.

But I have my favorites, I’m not going to lie.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you are blogging about this. I knew it would help.

    ReplyDelete