20.8.09

Adios Summer.

My to-do list is ever growing as it usually is when life whips into a new direction. This RA gig is interesting to say the least. Lots of responsibilities and lots of things that can go wrong. But it’s a job that promises to provide many “we’ll laugh at these later” kinds of stories.

I’ve already faced key issues, roommate issues, and angry parents. Now I feel like there’s nothing I can’t face!

My residents have started to move in. I’ll have sixty of them. I’m already overwhelmed with the responsibility of learning their names and guiding them into a new year.

But I’m excited in the way that I’m excited about being a teacher some day.

I miss summer. I miss the days when I spend more time outside than in. I woke up with my dog curled up next to me. When I’d hang clothes on the line moments before I’d start to pour, so I’d just leave them there.

I miss the trees and the people who filled my days with wonderfulness.

But they’ve been replaced with a lovable bunch of eclectic personalities and smiling faces. I’m surprised to discover that I’m excited about my first opportunity to venture back to Darke County.

No comments:

Post a Comment